Friday, January 28, 2011

Being the Help Meet you were meant to be. 3 of 24

Good morning everyone! I hope you're enjoying these post. Please feel free to comment on them also.

Do you have a Thankful Spirit? The spirit we have whether good or bad can and will affect your marriage! You should have a Thankful Spirit no matter what your situation. Don't be a poor me person but a Thank you Lord for what the Holy Spirit has given.

*A wise woman sets a joyful mood in her home. Through laughter, music, and happy times, she creates a positive attitude in her children. She knows that a lighthearted home relieves her husband of stress.

1. Are you a Poor-Me Attitude?
Proverbs 15:15 says, "All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast"
Don't complain about your family's situation, having this Poor-Me attitude is not healthy. *This downcast, un-thankful attitude is a dishonor to God!

*Discontentment is not a product of circumstances; it is the state of the soul.
Did you know, *Thankful people have a view of life that begins somewhere deep in their souls....

*You can practice joy and thanksgiving, Every day, every right response makes the fingers of your soul find the notes of joy and thanksgiving easier and easier.

As Christians and as wives we really need to work on this joy and thankfulness. You know, as a wife, mother, teacher or whatever your responsibilities are, you need to work on this. Are you a complainer do you use words that are too strong in what you are saying? I don't mean cursing, I mean words like hate, kill, ect.... These words are not good to use all the time. As a wife, mother ect they need to NOT be in your vocabulary it can destroy the joy in your home and it shows in some ways lack of thankfulness.
When you feel that things are not going right SMILE and be Thankful!! God has a reason for all things happening!
Colossians 3:15 teaches, "And let the PEACE of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be you thankful."

Have a Thankful Spirit!!!

Consider this:
*Joy is a fruit of the Spirit. If you are a child of God, joy will be a visible reality in your life.
1. Where does your joy start?
2. Have I been discontent about my lot in life? Am I, on occasion a "POOR-ME" person?
3. Do I verbally show thanksgiving every day?
4. Do I daily remember to thank god for my husband?
5. Would my friends describe me as a joyful, thankful and content?
6. How can I add practicing joy and thanksgiving to my life?
7. Am I willing to lay down my grievance toward my husband for the hope of a heavenly marriage?

If you go to the book of Philippians it teaches us how we can be a woman of God! Phil 4:6 tells us, "be careful for nothing"
When I read be careful for nothing we need to not worry, fret, or add trouble to our lives. Assuming that this will happen, this person will say this or that, or whatever we worry and fret about we DON"T need to do! God gives us the strength we need to be a Woman of God.

*taken from "Created to be his Help Meet"

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am thrilled to have found your blog. I'm teaching a lesson this coming Sunday entitled, "Are You an Ezer?" I read your blog with interest and have ordered Debi Pearl's book. I look forward to reading your blog and invite you to stop by mine anytime.