Monday, January 26, 2015

Honoring others

Ephesians 6:2 "Honour thy father and thy mother; which is the first commandment with promise."

In honoring our parents we can make their lives a little Brighter. When one stops and thinks of all the things Dad and mom does for them from the time they find out they are expecting, or getting from an adoption agency thy begin to plan and think of all that they will do for that baby.

They begin preparing and planning, decorating, purchasing the items you will need. They made life for you as Bright and enjoyable as thy possibly could. Many cases you were trained to obey, you were taken to church weekly, maybe you were a bus kid, maybe someone knocked on your door and invited you to church. No matter how you were raised, no matter how you were cared for God was there and you were given the opportunity to Live on the Bright Side of Life.  I realize that there are those who never did, haven't, and may not get the blessing of such  life. However, as we, the children who are now grown and have children of our own go about life. We not only do all we can to make things bright and cheerful for our children but need to NOT forget those who had a GREAT part in our lives when we were growing up.

Today, Monday, Jan 26th is my mom's Birthday (a recent picture of my parents)  
 and many others whom I know have birthday's today. The One though that I think of most today is my Mom! I love mom very much and I'm very thankful to still have her around and to be able to Honor her, on her day. I don't get to see her, but I do get to talk to her on the phone, and send her things. I don't just do these things on her birthday or mothers day, but year around because I want to make her life a little brighter even when we can't just drive across town and visit each other.

So may I ask, "Who could you Honor and bring a ray sunshine into their life today?" 
My prayer is that this will help to remind someone that you do have special people in your life. That they as well as you need to have a little sunshine from someone who wanted to Brighten up your life.

No comments: