Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Let the challenge make you strong....


What challenge would make you stronger?
Reading your Bible? Meditate Day and Night on God's word.
Going Soul winning? Go tell others about the Lord
Praying daily? Pray without ceasing, have a prayer list to pray for people.
Helping someone in need, being a servant? We are his workman, it's good to serve others.

I loved what a former Pastor use to say, "when you're depressed or down do something for someone, such as a shut in, or someone in the hospital" For some this would be a challenge for them because they aren't social people. Step out of your comfort zone.

A challenge for me or it could be said, stepping out of comfort zone is going to Nursing Homes. You say, why would that be a challenge for you? Well, to be honest and I'm not sure why, but I have a hard time going into a Nursing home. There have been times I've gone to a nursing home but I was completely out of my comfort zone, it was a challenge, so to speak, for me to walk in and spend an hour or so there. Now, don't miss understand I will go and I will talk to the people there but I'm very uncomfortable at a nursing home. One of the things I have to do, is remind myself many of these people never have anyone visit them. That is what gets me through the visit many times.

What is something you do that is a major challenge for you?

I challenge my children to work harder and do more than they think they can do. Our son Paul IV has a huge challenge before him over this week. He graduates on this Friday but has a lot of English to complete. This is a challenge that is set for him. We are so very proud of him!

 So may I ask: What is something in your life that is positive will make you stronger today? What challenge in your life can be used to make you stronger?

Praying before you go to do something an asking the Lord to help you will make the challenge that is before you easier to do. Maybe it's an exercise challenge, the Bible does tell us our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost and we are to keep that temple pure and clean. Maybe it's a challenge for you to stay healthy and keep your weight where it should be.
I have several 30 day challenges I'm going to do, of which I'm working on one now. Is it easy? NO but I want to be healthy for my family and for myself. So therefor I do these challenges.

So remember "I can do all things through Christ...." you go through your day saying this verse you will go far!!

 

No comments: