Thursday, May 23, 2013

What type of Garden are you?

As my boys were mowing the lawn earlier they came in ask their Grandpa if they could mow one area that had flowers in it. He had told them to go ahead because those particular flowers won't bloom again this year. Gardens are beautiful to look at and walk through In Genesis it talks of the Garden of Eden which all we've ever seen is what one may think it looked like. Where as we can go outside an walk through a garden or we can even sit in a beautiful garden and take in all the beauty.Then we have vegetable gardens that we plant to feed our families and friends out of.
                                                                 
                                                    

There's also tree gardens. Which I think are really neat to walk through.
 
These are different types of Gardens people can have but what kind of Garden are you?  Read in Genesis 2:8-25 and that will take you further into the Garden of Eden. God, the very first gardener, plants his garden with love. See how he kneels to create flowers that will delight his people with wonderful colors and intricate designs. Watch as he sows seeds that will grow into plants for his people's nourishment.
 
But notice - the garden was dark with sorrow, yet filled with love and purpose. It the Garden of Gethsemane. In this garden a loving God continues to provide for his people in his Son, Jesus. In this garden Jesus willingly submits to his Father's will and sets his eyes purposefully on the cross. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
 
As you read your Bible God is your gardener he leads you to grow in area's you need to grow in. Just as you plant a flower garden and use Miracle Grow, or special food for your plants, God uses special food prepared by Him to help us grow. One of my favorite passages to read when I'm down or even if all is going well is Psalms 139.
 
In Psalms 139 it tells us in verse 14 "I will praise thee: for I am fearfully and wonderfully made...."  See with God as our "gardener" he planted us, he made us in the way he wanted us. As I've heard people say, there's only one mold of me and after I was made the mold was broken. We laugh at that sometimes, but you (put your name here) are made as YOU! You have your own area's of growth that ONLY you and Lord can work on, nurture, "water" and harvest.
 
So as to my question, What type of Garden are you? Are you a garden that sows bitterness, deceit, hate, anger, and so on and so forth? OR Are you a garden that sows love, patience, kindness, tenderness, mercy, understanding etc.?
 
I want to be able to do as the Psalmist said, "Search me O God and know my thoughts," Search me O God and know my heart." Let your garden be one that you can sincerely say, "God search me, let me know if there be anything wicked, wrong, ungodly in me."
 
So as you go about today plant the garden of love, understanding, forgiveness, patience, mercy, happiness, joy, peace and so on and so forth.                              

No comments: