Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Grace

God's grace is sufficient! Have you noticed how when things happen God gives us the grace needed to get through the situation?! Tonight my husband, which by the way is the GREATEST Preacher there is :) , Just a little side note there :) preached on Grace. I had been thinking about Grace through the week and how God gives us grace to get through whatever our situation. I've really needed grace as my daughter has struggled with a friend dying, finals, work, and wedding preparation. Then my oldest son who's in WV, being sick, lots of schooling, work and graduation quickly approaching. I've needed God's grace to keep things together so that when I talked with my children I could encourage them.

On Mothers Day several families that I've heard off/know had things to deal with where they needed God's grace to make it through. We just learned of a family who, on Friday were told they will never be able to have children, another family their mother had a stroke and had to spend Mothers day plus in the hospital, another family had a future father in law go into a diabetic coma on Mothers day..... don't you think that these families need God's Grace?! We should them grace? How can you and I show others grace?

Well, as I my husband preached tonight we can be understanding of their situation.
We can as friends, family and church family realize that they may not say, or do, what is "right" in our book. However we can show grace to that person by not getting upset or letting the past events affect our decisions on how we could be of help to them. God's grace is sufficient for ALL!!

II Corinthians 12: 9-10
"...My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness...."
"...for when I am weak, then am I strong."

God is our strength when we are weak, friend who can't have children, friend who's wife/mom had a stroke, friend who's father in law is in a coma, God will be your strength in weakness. He giveth Grace that is sufficient!

So although you maybe weak, although you maybe worried, maybe you are heartbroken, maybe you are needing a friend, maybe you feel no one cares.... God is there! God gives grace! God Loves you!!

I Peter 1:2 "...Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied." God gives grace and peace to get through that trial.

As a mom I want to jump in the car and run to WV and KY to be with my oldest 2 children during their hard times. BUT they are young adults and they will get through this with Gods grace. Is it easy on mom? NO! BUT God gives me the grace and peace to know they will be alright because they serve the exact same God I serve and his grace is the same for me as it is for Paul IV, Tabitha and ALL who need Gods grace!

So friend as you read this, just remember "God's grace is sufficient" He loves you and he wants to give you His grace.

No comments: