Saturday, October 17, 2015

Rejoice in the Lord alway

Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, rejoice."

How can you and I Rejoice in the Lord always? As I think about this question my thoughts immediately go back to a teacher I had in college, Mrs. Marlene Evans. She seemed to ALWAYS be rejoicing even through her time with cancer, she rejoiced.
Why did she rejoice? Well, these are a few things I have thought of that gave Mrs. Evans a reason to rejoice:

1. She was saved
2. She loved the Lord and wanted to rejoice in Him
3. She was faithful to her Lord
4. She loved not only the Lord but others
5. She didn't let life rule her, she ruled life and made the Best of anything.

These are just a few things that Mrs. Evans, through her life taught me. As we, you and I, face things in life why don't we try to be like Mrs. Evans. One of her favorite verses was Phil. 4:4, in the short time that I knew her; she truly lived this verse. She rejoiced in the Lord and she rejoiced again and again.

So friend how can you rejoice?
In thinking about my life I know I can rejoice in:

1. my salvation
2. my family
3. my church - church family, Pastor and his wife
4. my friends
5. I can rejoice in the fact that I love the Lord and others.

Just to name a few!

No comments: