Monday, September 21, 2009

Bible Truths about......

As I looked at the following scriptures I thought of my daughter. Without going into detail she was falsely accused in an area and rumors were started. I have watched her over the past 2 wks and she showed many things that are spoken of in the following verses on Forgiving Others

Colossians 3:13 "Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye."

As I watched Tabitha she presented a Christ like attitude towards the ones who started rumors about her. She forgave them and cont on with her life.

Phil 3:13, 14 "Brethern, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

I've seen so much of vr 14 in Tabitha. She took a wrong and has completed put it behind her and is pressing to for mark. She wants to be a music major and this child has said, "I"m going to forget the first wk of school and focus on choir, ensemble, piano and voice! That's EXACTLY what she has done!! More people need to do this and not worry about the past!

Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Romans 12:21 "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
I Peter 3:9, 10 "Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessings; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:"

As Christians we all need to take these verses and realize forgiveness is needed in our every day walk. As my daughter has taken and forgiven and even befriended (not best friends)the one who started the rumor. So are we to not intentionally hurt others do evil to them. We are to love life and make every day a good day. One of my favorite verses is: "This is the day that the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it." That is looking at today as a good day! I've watched blessing upon blessing come to my daughter as well as myself just by forgiving, and loving life!

Responsibility

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 "And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and then when thou risest up.
And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates."

Vr 7 is the vr I'll be looking at here. Today as I go into the Kindergarten class, so the teacher can go teach Home Ec I could tell she was just having a rough day. We were talking for a few minutes, and this dear teacher has a HUGE responsibility!!
1. She has to teach K-5 and get them ready for 1st grade!!
2. She has to keep a good spirit no matter the situation with the student.
3. She has to correct them even when she doesn't want to.
I would be willing to say that the K-5 teacher has shown TRUE responsibility. She praises her students even when they are having a bad day. One little boy whom is VERY talkative and reminds me of children I know.....clear throat* Is having to be trained how to respect property, do his work, play nicely, and so much more. When i was talking with her today, she was praising his work ethics and how well he listens and other things. She didn't focus on the negative. To me this teacher showed diligence in her responsibility as a teacher!

We also need to be responsible. If you work in a nursery, on a bus route, in the school or your church, or even your job in the world. BE RESPONSIBLE!!! If they can't depend on you being responsible who can?!

Again, I hope that in some small way this little lesson is a help or blessing to someone! I pray that tucked away somewhere in this simple lesson, it helps someone to learn forgiveness or even responsibility.
May God bless you!

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Forgiveness is such a wonderful thing!And it is definitely an area where the world can see Jesus shining through us if we cheerfully forgive those who wrongfully use us. Thanks for sharing.