Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ask and believe, ye shall recieve

Mark 11: 23-26 "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith,
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."

As I was having my devotions today I was reading Mark 11 and these verses really stuck out. There are several things in these verses that could be covered. Asking, desiring prayer, forgiveness just to name a few. The one topic I'm going to focus on this evening is Asking and receiving. We all pray, or I would hope we all do, and we want to answers to those prayers.

I was thinking of things we as a family prayed for and the prayers that were answered. I'm going to go back to 1990, Christmas. My boyfriend, now my AWESOME husband, was having Christmas with my dad, mom and I when dad asked that we join him prayer for the salvation of his mom. The 4 of us on Christmas morning knelt together and prayed that the Lord would touch grandma's heart and that she would accept Him as her Saviour. After we had prayed daddy went to his room and called Grandma. Well, mom, Bill and I cont to pray for the Holy Spirit to move and for Grandma to be saved. December 25, 1990 we saw our prayers Answered!!! My grandma accepted Christ, through our prayers, my daddy witnessing and the Holy Spirits working in her heart she was saved!! I LOVE to tell this story about grandma's salvation. Why? One reason she's on her way to heaven, another it's a wonderful example of prayer, asking and receiving.

To skip up almost 2 yrs, was 7 days after Tabitha was born. We had, had our first born home for only 2 days when she became ill. Tabitha had a fever of 105 and NO explanation. We rushed her to the hospital and the admitted her into NICU where she would stay for 14 days. They ran test after test our precious baby girl, to finally learn in the end she was a lazy eater and had dehydrated! The prayers though that went up for our dear little daughter. I believe that it was because of our prayers, asking and believing that God would take care of her and heal her if it be his will, that he chose to break the fever and let the doctors find the problem. Again prayer, asking and receiving.

February 3, 2003 we left our home, friends, family and church to start out on the road of Missions! There was A LOT of praying that went on that day. Through the several yrs that we traveled the children learned the true meaning of prayer and receiving. There was times we had only a few dollars to purchase food, but there was ALWAYS enough for everyone. There was times we didn't know how we would get to our next meeting, the Lord ALWAYS answered our prayers and we made it. Sometimes a day late sometimes just barely in time for the service but we made it. The Lord knows what we need we just need to ASK, BELIEVE, and then he will give!

There was times we didn't receive. You may ask Why? You prayed didn't you? Yes we would pray but I believe that God was seeing if we had Faith to rely on him. We stepped out, or may I say rolled out by faith not knowing what would happen, where this or that would come from. Although it didn't come in our timing God provided because we went and didn't say, "Well, I prayed but God didn't do his part; so we're going to sit right here!" NO it doesn't work that way.

Just in the last few wks we had a huge need that needed to be filled. We prayed and the need, needed to be cared for on Sept 25. Well the morning of the 25th came, nothing. The afternoon came, I called my husband, still nothing. That evening came around, Bill and I both had been praying earnestly for the need, and still nothing. Saturday morning came we're like ok Lord, we believe you'll care for this (always faith with a little doubt you know) that afternoon we're thinking ok, we have to make this phone call. Well at 5:45 Sat evening we got a call, "Bro Seavey, if you can meet us at such and such place we have something for you." My husband says, "Ok I will be there." He comes home everything was cared for!!! AMEN!!! God is good! The need was covered and we were able to make the call letting the person know it was all good! Talk about stress, wondering what was going to happen, but God came through. Prayer, asking and receiving!!

If we just simply believe, pray and ask God is in control and even if not in our timing he will give!

I pray that in some way this was a help to someone and a blessing. Have a great wk!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in the early 1990s I was highly nervous and we had had bad weather. The weather man had said that there was a tornado heading for Chattanooga. I went back to my bedroom and prayed, "Lord, you know how nervous I am, I don't think I could take a tornado. You made the weather, and I accept it if it comes but you know how nervous I am."
I returned to the tv after praying for quite some time. The weather man came on and said, "I don't know what happened. That tornado disappeared off the radar screen." The tornado was completely gone, no malfunction of the radar. I know it was my answer to prayer.
love,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

I love hearing stories of anwered prayers!

Cindy