Thursday, September 23, 2010

Faith but Doubt

Daniel 3:16-18 "Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliever us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O King.
But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set us."

I have always enjoyed the book of Daniel and I love the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. In reading it this morning I was reminded how we can faith but still doubt. If you noticed I italized parts of vrs 17 and 18. In vr 17 they say God will deliver us. They are having the faith that God, the true and living God will save them.
However they turn right around in vr 18 and say, BUT if he doesn't we'll not bow to your gods and images. They were a little doubtful there, wondering if God would save them.

We today are that way. We believe God will take care of us BUT we doubt it also. Why is that?
Well, we are human and we do have the sin nature w/in us.
If God calls you to do something have the faith that he will guide you, lead you, supply the need, be there for you. Yes, at times doubt will arise but the reason for doubt could be that we aren't walking close enough to our Lord. It could be that we know God is there but maybe our fellowship w/God is strained because of our doubt. We allow our doubt to overcome the faith we have.

I'm going to use a personal example here: I have faith that God will supply our need, but as a human I have a tendency to doubt that the money we make will go far enough. Just this wk I'm looking at our bills, looking at what we need andI'm thinking God there's no way!!! Oh ye (me) of little faith. Do I believe and have faith in God to care for us? Yes I do but sometimes that faith is tested.
Now I could list all things we need and I mean need but I don't want anyone reading this feeling sorry for Paula NO that isn't the reason for this. I want to now share how even though (and I'm not bragging just trying to help someone maybe understand how having faith is the way to go) I looked at our finances and said, "there's no way!" I however still pd everything that was to be pd.
Just yesterday morning, the morning after our paycheck , I go into a store to pick up something when the manager comes to me and says, "Could you use some bread?" Well, yes I can, he precedes to give me 2 loaves of bread, juice and other things. These were things I was able to mark off my shopping list and I got them for FREE!!!
I pd tithe, I pd our bills that were due, and had a little money for groceries. God blessed what we did and provided a portion of my groceries.
It's ok to doubt but let your faith be stronger. Do as Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego don't bow to the world have faith that God will save you from the wiels of Satan. Cont. to serve God and do what you know he wants you to do no matter what. God will bless you and give you the faith needed to cont on.

No comments: