Friday, September 24, 2010

I will answer thee

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

We don't' have because we don't ask. Why is it we complain about what we don't have when the Bible clearly states: "Call unto me and I will answer thee...." I remember when I was a little girl I would ask my daddy for something, you know he usually answered either with what I asked for or a why don't we wait. You know it was hard to wait but I learned sometimes what I wanted wasn't always good for me at that time.

Jesus is the same way, he sometimes gives us our request almost immediately. Other times he makes us wait. However when we get that wait do we cont to ask and look for great things he may shew us. OR do we go out and get (whatever it is) on our own; not waiting for Jesus to supply that need.

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches his glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 Notice it doesn't say needs but rather need! I've often wondered why the "s" wasn"t added to need. God sees ALL our needs as a NEED! Isn't that fantastic?!

So if we ask of him, he will supply ALL your need. What an awesome thought. What can you think of that God supplied for you?
1. Salvation - I got the assurance of my salvation May 30, 1988
2. Parents - I can say that without a doubt my parents love me and raised me to the best of ability. I was taught good work ethics, I was taught how to listen and how to help. Not to be selfish and want just for myself.
3. A Pastor - A man of God that loves the Lord, his church, his people. I have no doubt in my mind that I have a Pastor who cares.
4. My Husband! The MAN that when I said I do it was forEVER!!!
5. Our children - God gave us 5 wonderful children. Our oldest, and our only daughter is now in college training to serve God wherever he may lead!! 4 Awesome boys!!!

This is just t drop in the bucket of what I've asked for and God gave! Why did he give because I asked through prayer and he supplied a NEED as well as wants :)

No comments: