Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Prayer

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

As I was reading this morning in my devotions in Philippians which goes with a book I also use for my devotions titled "A Heart Devoted" this really touched my heart. The story in this book for today is :Grandchildren Need Prayer" but as I was thinking about it, not only do the grandchildren of today need prayer but the children. There is so much garbage out there, when I was growing up we had no cell phones, computers, I pads, I pods, and all the other technology that's out there. As a matter of fact we had a small screen TV, a radio, a tape player and record player. OK, I know I'm telling my age with this :) ;)

As a child I played out side and I could say, "Mom, I'm going for a bike ride around the neighbor hood." Mom was fine with it she knew I would be back in about 2 hrs. Today children can't do this and this is why Prayer for our children and grandchildren is so very important. Now I don't have grandchildren yet but as a Parent of 5 children I'm praying constantly for them.

Here's  little excerpt of the story I read this morning.....  It ISN'T POSSIBLE! He can't be old enough to enlist in the Army Reserves! Why, I remember when he was just a little lad and ran through puddles and got all muddy.... He almost took us by surprise when he showed us his picture on his drivers license.... Then the car accident and we prayed all the way to the scene that no one would be badly hurt and they weren't..... Then the day he received Jesus Christ as his Saviour. We thank the Lord that all 12 grandchildren have been saved "by grace through faith"..... Then he told us he was joining the Army Reserves, now a 6'2" young man, this had been his dream and now his choice to do this. We prayed through the basic training, then we prayed when we heard he would possibly be deployed overseas.

Friend do you pray for children, your grandchildren? We never know when they will die. The reason I felt this needed to be shared is in the last several months I've been hearing of children dieing before their parents. A most recent passing is a little girl named Reagan, I never knew her personally but this precious child is now with the Lord. Her parents loved her, prayed for her and although we do not understand why, God took her home to be with Him. Her parents will and are missing her greatly, but they have the peace of God that she is in Heaven. Friend if we don't pray for our children, pray for salvation, pray for God's hand of protection on them, Satan will step in and there's no telling what will happen to them.

So my question to you is are you praying for the young people of our nation? The current generation and generations to come will have it much harder than we did growing up. Today's world is NOT the same as it was when I was 10 years old or when you were 13. Yes, there's always been temptations, but not like there is today!

Pray with out ceasing!

 

No comments: