Monday, April 21, 2014

Are you weary? Are you heavy hearted?


God has blessed us with a wonderful group of people! It was a blessing to see 35 in church on Easter Sunday. We had been praying for 30 and the Lord gave us 35!!! Where two or three are gathered together in my name.... God answers prayer even when things are rough and you feel you can't make it another day.

The Lord knew on Thursday what we needed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Friday our family had a blessed day spending time together as a family, Saturday was a GREAT day working at the church and soul winning, Then Sunday all our efforts were rewarded.

Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Isaiah 40:31  "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

If we give our burdens to the Lord he WILL give you rest. I know it's not always easy but that's what we need to do. It doesn't matter if the burden is emotional, physical, mental or whatever your burden may be. "Come unto me... are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 

This past Thursday was one of those days that emotionally I couldn't go on, on my own. I had some pretty harsh things said to me. Some things in my 40 plus years of life I had never had said to me in the way it was said that day. I've had to really pray and lean on the Lord to get through the past few days. Weary is what I had become but by Sunday I knew I needed to "...wait on the Lord...." Why? I had to be what our church people needed and I needed to be what the children needed for what is a VERY special day, RESURRECTION Sunday!

Sunday as I put on that smile, that was yes, forced and I as watched the teens, the children and the little ones run and get the special things Pastor and I had for them, it was a Joy to watch. Before that as I sat and listened to my husband Preach Because of Jesus dying on the cross and raising again is why you and I can get through these tough times as Christians.

Are you weary? Are you heavy hearted?
Are you burdened with burdens you can't share? Give it to Jesus.

Lay your burdens at the cross, he will take it for you!

Friend I know at times life gets hard, things become unbearable however, With GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!




No comments: