Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Be Not conformed to this world....

Good Morning! I started reading a book last night and I'm only in chapter 1 but oh my the knowledge and wisdom of the 4 young ladies who wrote the book! You ask what book are you reading? It's, "Growing up Duggar" Yep I'm one of those people who enjoy the Duggars. Nothing wrong with it and if you ever really watched it or read the book you know they are good solid Christians. I'll not go into all that I've gotten out of just the first 1/2 of chapter 1 but I there is one point that I thought I would expound on, on my blog.

The girls, Jinger, Jana, Jessa and Jill are wise beyond their years. I say this because they not only as children said, This is Dad and mom's rule so I'll follow it, but as they became teens and now young adults they have chosen to make those rules, standards and way of life their own. I admire them for that and I can say even our children thus far have said the same thing. Praise the Lord for families who not only train their children but their children see that their training is what they want in their own lives.

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

"..be not conformed...." what exactly does that mean?
The Dictionary says conformed is:
1. To correspond in form or character; be similar.
2. To act or be in accord or agreement;
3. To act in accordance with current customs or modes
 
"..be ye transformed...." means:
1 a :  to change in composition or structure
   b :  to change the outward form or appearance of
   c :  to change in character or condition :  convert
2:  to subject to mathematical transformation
 
Ok we now have looked at the meaning of conformed and transformed. So as Christians we are told to not be conformed to this world which means we are not to be in accord or agreement with the world. Rather we are to be transformed which is changed in our appearance an structure.
 
So in order to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, you need to determine that you are going to separate from the World. You're not going to go to the movies, the bar, hang out with those who smoke or drink etc. Being transformed is dressing like a Christian modest in your dress, not doing that which is NOT Christ honoring.
 
Something that I read in the Duggar book was as we look in the mirror what do we see? The young lady, the teen, the woman who looks are in the mirror are you happy with what you see? You should be! You should be able to look in the mirror and be able to say, I am fearfully and wonderfully made, God has a purpose for me and I'm going to NOT be conformed to the wiles of the world but rather be transformed in my mind, my walk, my dress, my attitude, anything that would make one be different.
 
Friend you don't understand what I am talking about maybe your first step to be transformed is salvation. If you aren't 100% sure that you are saved you wouldn't completely understand what I'm talking about. I will be more than happy to show you or talk to you so that you too can be transformed.
 

No comments: