Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bored? Really?

If boredom walked up to you and introduced itself would you really know what it was?
We say, "I'm bored" "This is boring" "I'm going to be bored if....." Well some say these things but you know as a child and as a parent I wasn't allowed to say bored and I've not allowed my children to get into that habit either. A friend told me I would probably be giving boredom jobs to do if it did walk up and introduce itself to me :)

What does bored mean? Bored is and Adjective; means: Feeling weary because one is unoccupied or lacks interest in one’s current activity:
she got bored with staring out of the window
they would hang around all day, bored stiff

I can understand sometimes we have a lack of interest in our activity, BUT shouldn't we enjoy what we are doing ESPECIALLY if it's for the Lord?! With this wonderful world the Lord has given us, with all the things that we can do to improve this or that, or even to serve the Lord... WHAT? Serving the Lord isn't boring?! OH MY I never knew! Guess what friend serving the Lord is FAR FROM boring.

"...whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory God!"

1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat or drink or whatsoever ye do, do ALL to the Glory of God!"

1 Corinthians 14:40   "Let all things be done decently and in order."
Idle hands and minds will bring forth things that are NOT Christ honoring. That is where people start saying, "I'm Bored!" If you find yourself with free time, Fill it with good!

Make the word bored a word you really don't know if you would recognize it.
As I mentioned in the beginning I would probably give out jobs if boredom walked up to me. Here's a sample of what I do on a daily basis...
up by 6
Devotions done by 7
boys are up and doing chores
by 8:30 we are sitting down having school
while the boys work independently I'm either helping them, blogging, working on church things or doing household chores.
At noon we take a break for lunch
90% of the time by 1 we are either done with school or taking test for the day.
Once school is done the boys have things they enjoy to do or they will do required jobs for that day.
 
Saturdays aren't wasted in front of the TV - we are either working at the church, soul winning or working on things at home that we didn't finish that week.

Sundays we're are in church. Now on Sunday afternoon the boys play on their iPods or computers even take naps sometimes. We do keep our Sunday afternoons open for changes that way if we are needed some place or there's something that needs to be done we're not tied to anything BUT church in the morning and the evening.

You say, wait a minute I didn't see family time in this. Oh don't worry we get our family time and besides I said this was rough draft of what I do. As you can see I don't allow boredom to take over. We don't allow our children the opportunity to say I'm bored. Do they? Yes they are human and they do forget. They also know that saying I'm bored gets a job. So we don't hear it often. :)


 

No comments: