Monday, July 8, 2013

The 3 Little Bears

"Good morning," said baby bear to his momma! "What are we going to do today"? Momma bear replies, "well while Papa bear is at work, we first will read our Bible and then plan our day". As baby bear sat with momma reading the Bible, he was listening to every word! "Be ye kind one to another tender hearted forgiving one another..." Momma asked, "What do you think this mean"? Baby bear replies, "I'm supposed to be kind to my friends and forgive them."

Ok, I know I started this off with the 3 little bears (oh I know the picture has 4 but I couldn't find one I liked with only 3 LOL) As you think about the original "Three Little Bears" Do you remember how when they came in they wanted to know WHO did this or that! Then they found Goldly Locks in the bed... If I'm remembering the story right Godly Locks ran away never saying, "I'm sorry, or offering to help clean up the mess she made." Now I know this is a cute kids story but what is the moral teaching?

Please don't me wrong I'm not against the stories that I as well as many of you grew up with. But as I had children, and I read them to my children every now and then one or more of them would say, that wasn't right. Or shouldn't it have ended this way or that. That's when I noticed some of the kids stories didn't have a moral to the story.

As we go through life, are we making sure the moral to our story so to speak is leaving the right impression,  Leading the children in the right direction, even leading them in the right direction!
"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."


If we raise our children to serve the Lord, to Love God, to always read their Bible and pray we will be training them in the way they should go.

So the moral here is, we need to Read our Bible, pray, love one another, forgive one another, be kind to one another, train up our children to do these things and Lord willing as our life comes to an end the moral to our story will be: 'He/She Read their Bible, prayed, loved, forgave, was kind, raised children to do right, etc and that's way we should live too."

As the 3 little bears ended their day, they still had their home, food and beds but did they have peace in their hear that they had forgiven the little girl? Put yourself in their place and think how you would have responded. Before you say but they are bears remember we're looking at the moral of a story/life will end. We want to please the Lord and do as Christ would do, not as the world.

By Paula Seavey



No comments: