Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Know Where I'm Going!

One day I was wondering, 
What's it all about?
Life - is full of heartbreak, wrestlessness and doubt.
Then, a gentle stranger whispered words of Love,
Pointed me to Heaven and wrote my name above!

I know where I'm going and Who I'm gonna see!
I have a friend named Jesus, waiting there for me,
He has given something that ONLY he could give,
He gave his life in payment so that I could live!

Friend, if you are searching for a better way,
I'm recommending Jesus, Trust in Him today.
He will give life meaning like none other can 
Come and travel with me to the Promise land!

Last night I kept waking up thinking of different things from my past and this song kept coming to mind. I wasn't sure why and to be honest I'm not sure why the Lord has kept in my heart and mind all day and even tonight. 

Then as my husband was preaching out of I Peter 1:18-25 it made sense. I had been reminded of this song and many other things. I couldn't get off of verse 18 even as Preacher cont to read... last part of the verse reads, "...from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers." and then he read verse 21 "Who by him do believe in God that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God." At first I wasn't sure why verse 18 seem to hit home, then I though back to recent text, e-mails and 1 phone call that I then knew I had to put that behind me. I couldn't dwell on the past. I couldn't let others vain conversation affect me or it would pull me down. To be honest I believe that was starting to happen. Then verse 21 came up... AMEN I have a mighty God that I can have faith and hope in!! 

As I listened to the sermon and thought of this song they were perfect. We do have a hope in God, if we ONLY have the faith to accept him as our Saviour. As the song says "...He will give life meaning like none other can..." You know my life does have meaning, yes many things happened at once but I have a wonderful life! 

The last few weeks for our family has been different. Our daughter got married one weekend, the next weekend my Grandmother went to heaven. Then this past week I've had some health issues and it all just seem to come at one time. The ole saying, "when it rains it pours" well I felt like it went from pouring to flooding :) You know though I have a husband, children and friends who have been such an encouragement, they have listened or chatted on line with me and let me pour my heart out to them. You know we have a friend named Jesus that if you will open up to him he is even more willing and wanting for you to come to him! He knows your heartache, he knows your sorrow, he knows your sickness, he knows exactly what YOU, I, or anyone needs!! 

Am I sad about my Grandmother YES but she's in heaven and I know Grandma, she wouldn't want me moping around because she passed. She would want me to serve God and give the gospel to others. She LOVED the Lord and she loved her family. I want to be like my Grandma and love the Lord and people as she did. 

So friend, don't listen to those vain conversations, but get up get busy and serve the God who gave us hope!




No comments: