Thursday, May 10, 2012

Psalm 139

Good Morning! I pray all are doing well and that you have had a good wk thus far and will have a good rest of the wk.

Psalm 139 is one of my many favorite chapters...
1. O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me,
2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

These 3 verses I love!!! The Psalmist is asking God to search him and to know him. We should be doing the same thing. Even though the Lord already knows all, we should not want to try and hide ANYTHING from him. We should want him to know what we are doing while we sit at home, or sit at our computer. We should want to have that knowledge that God sees all! Let Him, the Holy Spirit, have control of your life.

4. Tor there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Laid thine hand upon me.... his protection he guiding hand is there to help us.

6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8. If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou are there.

God is everywhere! we should want to be our best to live up to his standard and His will!!!

9. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10. Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

As Christians we are held in the palm of the Lords hand and he'll NEVER let us go!! Awesome thought.

11. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous are thy works: and that my soul knoweth right well.

Isn't it awesome to know we are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Almighty God we serve.

15. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18. If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19. Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God; depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20. For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

We should NOT be with those who curse and take the Lords name in vain. Did you know there are words out that really they are just letters from being the actually curse word, or phrase that is inappropriate. We recently went through this with our boys. One of my boys who wasn't meaning anything bad by it when something would happen he would say, "what the...." and that is all he would say. Well, think about it, "what the....." usually has Hell in there. Well we don't want him using hell in a way that is cursing. Is the word Hell wrong? No, it's a place and it's a place we need to warn people of. However when used as it could be assumed in the little phrase "what the...." it's wrong. So as is spoke of in verse 20 stay away from that which is wicked and do NOT take the Lords name in vain!

21. Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22. I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

You know we should want the Lord to search us and know our every thought, our every doing, and want to lead by the Holy Spirit to be lead away from that which is wicked and wrong.

This passage of scripture my preacher asked me to read daily for a month. Why? He felt because of a situation I had recently come out of that I wasn't feeling worthy of myself or God. After reading this for 30 days it transformed my life! I'm so grateful my preacher had me do this. So friend, are you going through something? Is there a situation in your life your saying why? I'm not worth anything? Why not take the challenge and read this passage EVERY day for 30 days. If there's something I pray with you about, please write me and I WILL pray for you.

No comments: