Monday, September 15, 2014

A Wife after God's Own Heart Lesson 4a

"Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour." Ecclesiastes 4:9

As I read this verse I was thinking when God set designed marriage he designed it for 2 but not 2 as today's world has defined marriage. I praise God I brought up in church, in the Bible, taught how to pray, work and do right. I also praise God that I was raised by a Dad AND a MOM not 2 dads or 2 moms. Now I realize that some children have 2 dads or moms because of the big ugly word Divorce. As far as a wife after God's own heart - ma'am you can't be the wife of another woman, or a man "playing" the wife's role. Doesn't work that way! So now to our verse "Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour."

1. God's Winning Combination -
a. The husband is to lead wife - not only as the man of the home, but the spiritual leader also. Ephesians 5:22 & 24
b. The husband is to work and provide for his wife - Ladies, if you aren't married yet or are engaged make sure your man is a hard worker and will provide for you and future children. Genesis 3:17 & 19
c. The husband is to love his wife - I've heard of marriages where the husband at first didn't love his wife and he just wanted someone to provide his needs, cook his food, clean his house. Now in some cases, very rare I might say, this might work to start. Love is very crucial in a marriage. I'm no marriage expert and trust me I don't claim to be, I do know without love your relationship can't grow as it should, the same as without Christ your home won't be what it should be either. I Peter 3:7

d. The wife is to help her husband - Ladies don't expect your husband to do everything. Be what God intended and that his to be his Help Meet. Genesis 2:20
e. The wife is to submit to her husband - Ladies with the ERA and other things that say we are equal to men this point has become harder and harder. As a Pastors wife, teacher, mom, housewife, key shopper of the home I know it's not always easy to submit. May I say, if you submit to your husband as the Bible says we are to do, you marriage will be smoother, happier and better for it. Do I always do this, I do my best to submit to my husband though with a smile and Lord willing, a willing heart with that smile. Ephesians 5:33
f. The wife is to Love her husband - Love Your husband! God tells us to love him and we should no matter what! Titus 2:4

Ladies, some of what I'll share is common sense information but you know sometimes we need that reminder because we get so busy. My prayer is that somehow, somewhere, that someone will glean from these and that you as a young girl, who dreams of being married, an engaged lady, who can't wait for the big day, and a Married lady, who is enjoying married life, can better your marriage through these lessons.

 

No comments: