Friday, April 29, 2011

Silk and Purple - Persecution

OH my, ever have one of those wks where the computer is the last thing you do in a day, no matter how hard you to try to get to it? The last few days have been that way. To sit down and spend a great amount of time here was not going to be heard of. As Christians wives and moms we have so much to do and we have to be so careful what we put as most important and what can wait till another day. That is what I had to do with my blog, It's important to me, because I know the Lord had me start it for a reason, but when it's a choice of blog or family. Well, family wins. I have in recent days received a few e-mails about my blogs and the people have said, that I am wrong in posting what I post. I've even been told that I'm wrong using ONLY one version of the Bible for my scripture. I would like to say, I am a KING JAMES Bible ONLY person. I'm sorry if you don't like it but you know what, it's funny how God allows things like this to happen because today's lesson is Persecution!

II Timothy 3:12 "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

Well look a there. My next lesson on Silk and Purple and for wives and moms is how Noah's wife endured Persecution. Here just this wk you could say I've endured it because of some e-mails I've received. I will say, I have several very precious ladies that either through text, e-mail or posting in comments let me know regularly how the different lessons help them. I'm not saying this to tote my horn and say look at me. I'm saying God has let these lessons help others and as long as JUST ONE person is being helped, I will cont to post. God is in control, God is Good, God is my Saviour, and God will use this for HIS glory, NOT mine.

Now on to the lesson....Read Genesis 6:1 -8:22

As wives of Pastors, Missionaries, Evangelist, Christian School Teachers, Lay people our husbands take a lot of persecution if they take a stand for our Lord. It's so sad to see what America is coming to. We need our men and women to stand up for what's right. Yes, persecution will come, Pastors and others have said, they foresee Christians being persecuted as in the Bible days. Are you dear wife, mom willing to stand by your man during the time of persecution? Will you stay by his side as Noah's wife did. Can you imagine building an Ark and all the persecution that took place. Mrs Noah had to go through it too, not just Noah.

As a wife and mother what do we need to do to be able to withstand the persecution:

1. Your walk with God must carry on.
You say, but Lord, "I can't go on!" He will carry you through. Stay true to the Word of God!

2. Your walk with God will give peace.
I have found in the past as well as now that the word of God gives peace. The other night I was awakened by an usual rain. At 3 in the morning the wind was blowing extremely hard and the rain was coming down in sheets. As I peered through the window, the lighting flashed and thunder crashed! I immediately walked through the house checking things and then arrived to my boys rooms. Yes, they are pre-teen and teens, but I wanted to be sure they were safe. As I prayed for them, the one son in Maine and my daughter in KY (who also was having severe weather at the time) I had a peace that came over me. I had scripture come to mind that I know for a fact I hadn't thought of for days. God's word that we hide in our heart, will come to mind and give peace when needed. God's word GIVES peace.

3. Your walk with God will help in your faith.

4. Your walk with God gives hope.
The hope of safety, the hope of all things are going to be fine.

5. Your walk with God gives love.
By reading God's word daily you see His love for you!

Wonderful Peace

Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight,
Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;
In celestial - like strains it unceasingly falls
O'er my soul like an infinite calm.

-W D Cornell

My prayer is, if you are going through persecution that you will find Strength, peace, faith, hope and love by STAYING in God's Word.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I am also reading the book Silk and Purple. I might add I am also a KJV Only gal. Keep heart, sister. I believe people complain and question, critize and ridicule what they do not understand and what they do not want to reconcile in their own lives. The Apostle Paul challenges us to fight the good fight. Don't quit or waver.
I, for one, appreciate your devotions and they have led me to many great books which have changed my life and marriage completely. Satan can, and does, use those who are weak in their beliefs and who follow the perverted scriptures under the guise of "they're all the same" or "they're easier to understand". They're not all the same. You keep standing on the Rock!

Our7isheaven said...

Judy, Thank you! It's great to hear that your getting the books I base many of my devotionals from. God gave the ladies and men who wrote these books the knowledge and wisdom to write. I don't feel adiquate to write a book but I can write short devo's from day to day.
Thank you for your support and encouraging words.