Thursday, April 14, 2011

As a Wife, what is your purpose?

Ephesians 1:6 "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."
Do you accept your husband for who is? Pretty strong question, very important though. We as wives don't always accept our husbands for who is....
Why is this? Maybe his past, maybe he hurt you, maybe trust is no longer there, so many things could be the reason one no longer accepts their husband for who he is. However, He IS your husband! You took the wedding vows and prayerfully when you said, "till death do us part" you meant. Now lets look at some things that we need to do and why we should accept the man we are married to.

Does your husband make plans for you and he? Do he plan dates or special days? Let him do this without suggestions. Our regular date night is on Tuesdays, the majority of our date nights Bill has already planned where we will go and everything. Now there are times he ask me if I would like to go to a particular restaurant. If I have a place I've wanted to go I will say something like, this place would be nice.
Now I don't know about you, but I have a way of choosing a place or dinner that Bill had for lunch. It's the craziest thing. You know though he never complains, it should be the same with us as wives. When your husband says I have planned for our date this and this, Accept it! Especially if he doesn't say, "unless you had something else in mind."

How many of you like to get gifts from your husband? I know I do!!! Accept what he gives you! Don't turn your nose up at the perfume, or say I prefer this type of flower. NO we need to accept what our husband give us.

Accept his schedule. Now this can be hard! Trust me, I'm home all day (by choice) and home school our children. There are times, I'm like, "Do you HAVE to go do this or that?" YES he does that is his schedule, he works to help feed our family, provide a place to live etc. So don't complain!!! I remind myself that his schedule is for OUR, Bill and mine, family.

Everyone handles people differently. Your husband whether in the ministry or working in the world, deals with lots of people, saved and unsaved. So, if you don't think he handles a person correctly, just accept it that, that is your husbands way of "dealing" with it.

Now this can be a touchy topic...Accept his affection towards you! YES, we are to as wives ACCEPT his affection. I won't go into details, but ladies, if you are married don't be cold to your MANS affection. It can, it has before, and it could destroy a marriage!!! I know we have our days, but you know the man whom you married does NOT deserve to me told NO. Accept your husbands affection.

Does your husband have toys? You know fishing poles, golfing, hunting, whatever his "toys" are accept them. Now the one thing (I'm going to tell on myself here) I absolutely can't stand is smelly fish!! I don't eat fish, and I DON'T don't clean them. However, after Bill and I talked we decided that if I had everything he needed on the back porch he would care for the fish outside then bring them in to freeze them and yes, he will even cook them outside, most of the time. Why did I tell you this, well we, I, need to accept the things my husband enjoys doing.

So ladies, as a wife, our purpose here is to accept our husbands. You accepted him as he was before marriage. Why change after marriage?
For richer or poorer
In sickness and health
the key phrase "Till death do us part"
Keep those vows accept the man God gave you, love him, enjoy being with him, enjoy his "toys". You will find that doing this makes your purpose as his wife will be much easier!!

What can you change in this area this wk?

No comments: