Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just a few thoughts.....

I'm sitting here at my desk watching the snow fall, well blow we're in a blizzard at the time. As I looked out the pure white blanket of snow reminded me of how Jesus is PURE!

To be like Christ Pure white and clean! I love the song Whiter than Snow. This says it all for me:
Lord Jesus, I long to be perfectly whole; I want Thee forever to live in my soul.
Break down every idol, cast out every foe.
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.
Whiter than snow, yes, whiter than snow;
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lord Jesus, look down from Thy throne in the skies, And help me to make a complete sacrifice.
I give up myself, and whatever I know.
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lord Jesus, for this I most humbly entreat.
I wait, blessed Lord, at Thy crucified feet.
By Faith, for my cleansing I see Thy blood flow.
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lord Jesus Thou seest I patiently wait.
Come now, and with in me a new heart create.
To those who have sought Thee Thou never saidst no.
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

The blessing by faith I receive from above.
Oh, glory! My soul is made perfect in love.
My prayer has prevailed, and this moment I know the Blood is applied, I am whiter than snow.
Whiter than snow, yes, whiter than snow; The blood is applied; I am whiter than snow.

What better way to say I want to be like Christ whiter than snow, pure of heart, a complete sacrifice for him! I LOVE it. Today, in our 2nd wk of snow and now in a blizzard the snow has a whole new meaning!

This is the day that the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments: