Thursday, February 25, 2010

What can you handle?

Good evening,

I started working this one devotional a few days ago while sitting in the K-4 class at our school. There was one little boy who simply didn't want to obey. This little 4yr old told me, Mrs Steavy (I spelled it the way he says it) I just can't handle it! I asked him what can't you handle. He then replied taking a nap! Now to a 4 yr old that is BIG stuff, but what in your life do you feel you can't handle it anymore?

In I Cor 10 :13 it says, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able...."

"...ABOVE THAT YE ARE ABLE...." the little 4 yr old thought he couldn't handle a nap. What in your life do you feel you can't handle?
God is faithful! Why should we worry about what we can handle?
He will NOT suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; so why do we worry about our situations?
I know we all human and we all worry when we really don't need to.
When we are tempted there are times we WILL fail, don't do the famous:
That's not my fault!
The Devil made me do it!
OR if your a child, But mommy he did it!
Simply stand up shake yourself off and say, OK, I failed BUT God didn't and doesn't give me anything that I can't handle. I have to fix this thing I did and not do it again.
IF you feel or say, but I'm always blowing it. Well, join the club of sinners saved by Grace whom God knows we're going to blow it. However, he puts things, people, situations or whatever in our lives. WHY? Because HE KNOWS we can handle it.

So next time you think I CAN"T handle this just go to I Corinthians 10:13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able...."

This is the day that the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it. Have a great day friends!

No comments: