Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Wife after God's Own Heart Lesson 1

I recently started reading a book titled, "A Wife after God's Own Heart". As I started reading it, at first I'm thinking I do this, or that I don't need this book. Then I kept reading (because that's how I am) and I discovered there are things I can learn from this book. So I thought I'd share a little with you. I'm actually going to break this up into several days. (I will give credit to the author when I use her material.)

Do you want to become a Wife after God's own heart?
Friends, as I started reading this book, at first I was doing it for new material to read. I don't really think I was even reading it to learn. However, the Lord quickly changed my attitude about this book and began to show me things that as a wife I could change.

First we're going to look at Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be add unto you."

Ladies, married or unmarried, you can apply this verse to your life and use now in your marriage or when you get married. Let me add a side note here, marriage is a Man & a Woman! That is the way God intended it and that's the way it should be!

So, You notice that my blog is titled "Growinginjesusthroughhisword" Friends the purpose is because we all need to continually be growing in the Lord, it doesn't matter how young or old. We are NEVER to old to learn. As I have prepared for teaching my children, as I prepare my lesson for our Ladies Conference, as I work on this blog I'm learning. Yes, I'm in my 40's but I'm not to old to learn and neither are you.

In Ms. George's book she speaks of First things First. Well, she is right we need to have God first in our daily walk with God. Some of the things we can do as we grow in the Lord is to Discover, Discern and Do. These 3 things is what she mentions on pg 16 & 17 of her book.

Discover - what can you discover in the Bible? We can discover the Love of God, The Caring God, the Providing God, the God who has taken the time to show us through his word all the wonderful things there are to discover about him. Have a time in your day that you sit down and study your Bible, and discover the wonderful truths that He has given us.

Then we can Discern - When I first read her book and I saw Discern.... I'm thinking what in the Bible do I need to discern?! Then I realized what she was saying, was what we are to do. By discerning as we read we are allowing ourselves to understand what God has for us. Pray before you read your Bible that the Holy Spirit will help you to understand his word and to grow in Him.

Last is Do - Well this sounds easy enough DO! Do Right, Do what your told, Do your work, Do your lessons in school, Do your house cleaning.... My friend it's easier said than done! How often do you know you're suppose to DO this or that but yet you don't? God has a plan for your life what are doing with that Plan?

Teen - are you soul winning as you know you should do?
Young Adult - are you staying pure till your wedding day as you know you should do?
Married person - Do you honor your spouse?

As I start this study not only for myself but for whomever will follow with me, DO we REALLY want to Grow in the Lord and be "A wife after God's Own Heart?"

 

No comments: