Saturday, September 6, 2014

Church or Not?

I recently and many times as a matter of fact have heard and been asked, "Oh, it won't it hurt to miss church just 1 time will it?" The answer is Yes. Now I understand that if you're sick or as a parent you have a sick one you must miss. I even understand weather can play a part sometimes. What I don't understand is missing church because, I don't feel like going, or my big toe hurts so I'm staying home..... get the idea some reason aren't worth even considering.....

The Bible says, "not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together", found in Hebrews. What does that mean, it simply means we are to have a time that we are together to hear preaching, to sing praises to the Lord, to fellowship with other Christians.

I had a former Pastor that said, "It takes 3 to thrive!" What did he mean? We need Sunday Morning, Sunday Night and Wednesday Night! Church is a like a Hospital, we have church so that we can grow, get milk, get the meat of the word. We also go to get strength, to make it another week. The signing, the fellowship and the Preaching are all important for each Christian.

If this offends you, I do not apologize I've seen to many say it's just one service, which then turned into 2, then 3, then that turned into 5 and that into 10 and before you know it the person is completely out of church.

Do I know of anyone doing this? No not right off, but I know of someone very near to me who saying I'd rather do this than go to another Preaching service that's NOT on Sunday. This person not to long ago got upset because a Sunday service had to be missed for reasons out of anyone's control. What's happened? Not sure but if you allow Satan to get his big toe in and if you allow the worlds "interesting" things to pull you away from God and those you love, before long this is what starts to happen; and that that's asking Church or ___________ you feel in the blank.

This is something that's been heavy on my heart for some time and I believe it was meant for me to share now.
Don't let "things" keep you from serving God, Going to Church, Growing in the Lord, Having fellowship with those who Love the Lord, BUT Also beware of wolves in sheep clothing.

No comments: