Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Are you going willingly or being dragged?

Good afternoon, well as I was on Facebook earlier I was reading various post some by Pastors, some by Pastors wives and others by what we call lay people. I read this one comment that I thought to be very interesting. When I went back to find it I couldn't I find it so I'm going to try and give this little story as best as I can.

A little boy was visiting his grandma and saw people walking their small dogs. The little boy wanted to walk a dog but his grandma didn't own a dog just a cat. When he asked if he could walk the cat, grandma said yes but she didn't think the cat would go. Well, he found the cat put a string around his neck and carried him outside. After some time grandma was getting worried because her grandson hadn't returned. As she looked out the door her grandson comes around the corner pulling a cat that is clawing and grabbing at anything it can. When she asked why it took so long he replied, I was determined that the cat was either going to go for a walk or be dragged. 

Is that how God feels about us? He wants us in His will even if he has to drag us? As a 13 yr old, I went to Mexico on a Missions Trip and I had a great time. I learned a lot though on that trip and one of them was God's will for my life. I knew at the age of 13 that the Lord either wanted me to be a Missionaries wife or Pastors wife. The summer of 1981 I surrendered to God's will. Yes I was only 13 but God knew my future. I don't have the testimony of coming out of some deep sin, or being raised by parents who didn't love me, or even being raised by a single parent. At one time I use to think wow my life is pretty dull.... I was raised by my biological parents, they loved me, they cared for me, I was put in Christian School, my parents although unsaved at the time raised me in church. My parents did get saved, they attended church regularly closer to my teen years, my dad ended up being a Pastor, I went off to Bible College, met the one the Lord had for me.... what more could I ask for. That's not a dull life that's living the life God had for me. Have I slipped out of His, I would say, yes I probably have.  I admire those who come from rough situations and get saved and serve the Lord in His Will! I don't know everything and I trust me I don't claim to know everything, but I've heard preached that there are different levels of God's will. God has you in the  part of His will that He wants you at, don't fight him, trust him, depend on him and he WILL carry you through.

Deuteronomy 13:4 "Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him."

Following the Lord is the greatest thing any of us can do or you can be like that poor cat and be drug along until you decided to submit to God's Will. I don't know about you but I think I'd rather willingly go than to be drug. As Christians being in the center of God's is 150% better than being outside His will. If you're not sure if your in God's Will today, pray, seek God's face, ask Him to show you His will for your life.

 

No comments: