Thursday, September 5, 2013

Who Holds Tomorrow?

When shadows fall and the night covers all, There are things that my eyes cannot see
I'll never fear, for the Savior is near;
My Lord abides with me.
 
How can I fear? Jesus is near; He ever watches over me.
Worries all cease; He gives me peace.
How can I fear with Jesus.

This is one of many songs that I just LOVE, the meaning of the song, the lesson that can be learned from the song! How can I fear with Jesus?

II Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

What more could we want? Fear is NOT of God because he is Love!

When I'm alone and I face the unknown, and I fear what the future may be.
I can depend on the strength of my friend
He walks along with me.
 
 
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
 
God knows our unknown, he's there to comfort, to lead and be our strength in time of need.
 
 
Jesus is King, He controls everything; He is with me each night and each day,
I trust my soul to the Savior's control;
He drives all fear away.
 
 
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path."
 
 
If we simply trust in the Lord as verse 3 of the song says and as Proverbs 3 tells us we have nothing to worry about.
 
How can I fear?
Jesus is neat;
He ever watches over me.
Worries all cease;
He gives me peace.
How can I fear with Jesus?
 
 
Over the last few weeks maybe a couple of months I've been dealing with a few things. I will admit I worry sometimes when I don't need to, but a few weeks ago this song, "How Can I Fear?" was sung in church. I started thinking about it, making this one of "MY" songs. It's true How can I fear when the Lord is my Saviour! When He hold my Future in His hands and I have no need of Fear or Worry!
 
Then this past Sunday we sang "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow" and as we sang that song in church I was thinking He hold my Tomorrow, he hold MY new home in the palm of his hand and HE knows where it is and when the right time is for us to find it!
 
I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For he knows what is ahead.
 
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know
Who holds tomorrow,
And I know
Who holds my hand.
 
 
Proverbs 21:7 "Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."
 
Yes, I'm human and yes I worry, fret, stew, complain, even get mad sometimes BUT Praise the Lord when I go to him and with all these things I have no of Fear. Why? Because HE Holds my Tomorrow! 
 
 

 


No comments: