Thursday, September 26, 2013

Let go and Let God

Have you ever held on to something so hard and so long that you felt it would never end, or never come, or never get over with? Well, I'm going to give a little bit of a personal testimony here. We have been living with my husbands dad since June of 2012 and at first it was temporary then in August of 2012 my husband, after almost a full yr of no work was hired on as a Sub contractor for the state. This was good it was going to get us back home to WV. So we thought.

Well at the end of August, Pastor Barnes, the pastor of the church we were going to ask my husband if he would consider taking the church. We talked about it and prayed about it for the longest time I was having a hard time accepting the idea of leaving WV, however something had happened there and it seemed the Lord was moving us. I guess it was sometime in September I let go of WV and told the Lord if he really wanted us here in Maine I was giving it to him.

To skip ahead to March 10th my husband became the Pastor of Second Baptist Church, Palermo, Maine. We have now been the Pastor and family for 7 months on October 10. During all this time we are still living with my husbands dad and well...... Patience isn't something I'm good at and I really do have to work at it.

Then a dear friend shared a verse with me and well even though it didn't speak of patience, it didn't speak of being a good wife, or a good mom it didn't even speak of being faithful but it did speak to me!
Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

God put us here in Maine for a reason, yes we were a little fearful of the move, of changes that were happening. My wonderful husband was being strong for us all, while I, well was failing at being strong. But this verse "Be strong and of a good courage..." has been oh so helpful.

Yes, I've been strong for children on certain topics and yes I've had courage to stand by my husband. But I've had to learn to be strong enough to LET GO and have the courage and strength to LET GOD take charge. After almost 16 months of living with my husbands dad, I'll be honest,  I'm not doing well. BUT I decided to turn it over to God! I know he has a house for us, he's already allowed us to start the process of a loan for our own house, now it's just a matter of time. As I said, I'm not patient, so I had to decide to LET GO and LET GOD take control!

I don't know if this will help anyone, but you know it doesn't matter what the situation, it doesn't matter who you are, if you are going through something, just let go and Let God move!! He knows your yesterdays, your todays and your tomorrows! So what are you waiting for? Let God have FULL control, not just partial but FULL control.

If you really want to see God work through you and your life you MUST give your ALL to him. Will you struggle with things? Of course you will, we're all human and that's to be expected. BUT if you, I, hold on to that which will do us no good, HE, GOD can't do what he wants with us, and through us!

This hasn't been a post with pictures and fun things in it. It's been a post from my heart and prayerfully that will help someone get through a time of your life that you are struggling with.

No comments: