Monday, June 17, 2013

Helping our Friends

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 "Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." 

I occasionally will go through a few day study or maybe even a month study just depends on what it is. Well, I have lately seen many friends that are being hurt, miss treated, or maybe a friend is going through health issues or whatever. Well, we can be Christ like and be the right kind of friend. I have several friends who are diabetic and I have others with other illnesses, while there are other friends who may just have a one time struggle. Now I'm not perfect and I don't always do or help the way I should, but I try. In Mark we read about 4 men who helped their friend find a way to Jesus (Mark 2:1-12) Will you be a true friend and help someone find Jesus. Now in this story this friend couldn't walk and the 4 men carried him to Jesus. You could that by picking them up for church, going over and visiting having a time you read the Bible with them or pray with them.

Talk with your friend! Don't be looking for what he/she can do for you but rather what you can do them?! See I have a very dear friend that I know this friend doesn't really like things done for her, BUT I LOVE to do for her when I can. She and her family have done for me, and hundreds of others with no complaint, no regret and she LOVES people. Once in a while I'm able to do something special for her and I love it when that happens :) :)



So which of your friends could you be a blessing to today?
You know don't let past events or past wrongs keep you from being a friend. You don't have to be buddy buddy with them, but you can encourage them, or pray for them, send them a note letting them know you are praying.

Friends are friends forever, if the Lords the Lord of them. A friend will not say never if the Lords the Lord of them.

So to all my friends, I love you  and I pray for you and if I know there's a need I will do what I can to help if nothing more I can pray for you!! 

No comments: