Friday, June 15, 2012

Are you Inconvienced?

Last wk we attended a church up here in Maine, and the Pastor spoke on, "Inconvenienced". It was really a great message because at this time, Yea, I feel inconvenienced. I know some of you would say what? you inconvenienced? Yep, me!
See, I'm currently in Maine as I mentioned and I in some ways don't want to be here.... Why? Well, my children are missing out on so much at home, but for whatever reason the Lord has put us here in Maine for a season. So to me, in ways, I'm "inconvenienced".

The Bible tells us though that that there is a time/season for everything
Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 4a
1  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
4  A time to weep, and a time to laugh;

I've taken our "inconvenience" and decided ok: I can sit around and cry about it the whole time we're here or I can take this "inconvenience" and apply it to good (laughing) Have a good time, enjoy the beauty of Maine, enjoy my sister in laws (after all they're the only sisters I have). Other than friends I feel close enough to, to call a sister.

So I've done just that, I've spent time with Martha, Emily and a little bit with Randi and I've decided that staying with my father in law can be a good thing.
1. we're being a help to him on his farm
2. He doesn't have to cook for himself (I've sort of been given rule/control of the kitchen) which is fun.
3. we are here for a reason, it may not be clear to me and I will admit I'm a little confused on things, but I'm going to accept it.

Rather than dwelling on your "inconvenience" why not find the good in life!
Do you have health issues? find the good in it.
Do you have family problems? find the good in those family members.
Do you have financial struggles? find the good, and thank the Lord for what you have and forget about what you don't have. (I want to insert here, this is a hard one for me! I have several things I "want" so I have to look at my vehicle and say Thank you Lord that I have transportation and not become jealous of those with nicer cars.) See, I'm no different from any of you who read this.

So many times we focus so much on our problem that we forget God has reason for this or that. God is in control and he does know what is best. Yes, he holds our future in HIS hands!!!

So, Put that inconvenience aside and Enjoy what God has given you!!






No comments: