Saturday, June 16, 2012

This Little light of mine....

This little light of mine, I"m gonna let it shine....

This is a fun kids song but it has so much truth to it. Our family took their "light" into area's of Maine today so that others could hear hear the gospel. In being a light for Jesus we are also a mirror, if you please.

Our lives reflect either Christ or the world.
Which do you reflect?
I'm not a good poet but here's some words I wrote on paper last night.

What does the mirror of your life show?
Does it show you are growing in Christ?
Does it show you are pulling away?
What does the mirror of your life show?

Are you growing in Christ
So that others will want what you have?
Or are you following the world,
Making others question the Christian life?

Our light shines for Christ and reflects from the mirror or our life,
When you tell others of Christ you are showing the reflection of Christ
So my friend what does your mirror reflect to the world?

The Bible teaches we are to be witness of him both in Jerusalem, Samaria and all Judea, and unto the utter most parts of the world. As I've heard my preacher say, Jerusalem is your town, Samaria is your state, Judea is the US and of course the utter most parts is the world.

So what are you doing to be a reflection of Christ?
This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine
Shine all over _________ (the city you live in) I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!

No comments: