Friday, October 21, 2011

How's your walk with God?

As we near the end of 2011, can you look back on your walk with God and say, "I've grown?" Or do you look back say, "I've backslidden." Or are you satisfied with your where you are?

As I looked through a book I purchased for this up coming year keeping notes and things in from my devo's I wanted to share this with everyone.

The Basics of the Bible

II Timothy 3: 16-17


1. The preservation of the Bible
     A. The Bible is inspired by God (II Peter 1:21)
          1. The Word was dictated by God (Exodus 20)
          2. The Word came to the prophets (Jeremiah 1:2)
          3. God spoke His Word through dreams (Daniel 2:1)
    B. The Bible is called the Word of God.
         (Ps 119;9, Jeremiah 15:16, Revelation 1:2)
    C. The Bible is preserved as the Word of God.
         (I Peter 1:23-25, PS 119:89, Isaiah 40:8, Matt 5:18, Matt 24:35)
        
II. The Power of the Bible
     A. The Bible has the power to save sinners (I Peter 1:23)
     B. The Bible has the power to develop faith (Romans 10:17)
    C.  The Bible has the power to bring growth to Christians (I Peter 2:2-3)
    D.  The Bible has the power to change your attitude (PS 119:7)
    E.  The Bible has the power to keep you from your sin (PS 119:11)

III. The purpose of the Bible (Heb 4:12)
      *The Bible was written to be used.
      A. Hear it (Romans 10:17)
      B. Read it (Joshua 1:8)
      C. Study it (II Tim 2:15)
      D. Memorize it (PS 119:11)
     E. Meditate on it (I Tim 4:15)

This last point is why I have this devo blog, so we can "hear, read, study, memorize and meditate on God's Word!

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22



No comments: