Thursday, October 20, 2011

Are you Bitter or Better?

At our ladies conference last month we had the privilege of hearing Mrs Buchanan speak. I'm going to share a little of what she taught. It was a BIG help for me and my prayer would be it would be a help for you.

First lets begin by reading I Peter 4:12 - 16; Genesis 50:20 and Romans 8:28

So how can we be better and not bitter? How can you be a Joyful woman?

1. Learn to forgive! Do you hold grudges against friends, teachers, parents, sisters, brothers, grandparents??? If you do you NEED to forgive.
2. Become a better person not a bitter person.
3. Require a higher standard for yourself. If the others say this is ok, set your standard above that so you aren't on the line.
4. Have joy through your trials! YES I said have trials through your trials.
5. The person who dies to self has no life of his own
II Corinthians 8:5
6. Become a better wife and mom by reading the instructions - The Bible! The ONLY book to correctly lead you in being the wife and mom you should be. The other books out their are ok, and I do recommend some of them, but first I will recommend that the Bible be your KEY instruction manual.

B - Basic
I - Instruction
B - Before
L - Leaving
E - Earth

Phil 4:8 and Ps 27:10

Read your Bible
Rest in the Lord
We have daily battles why not allow the Lord to fight them for you. Don't fight your own battles.

Friends, are you a bitter person? or a better person?
Do you hold grudges?
Do you turn people off because things don't or can't go your way?
God loves you and wants you to be a better person!!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

This has really spoken to me and convicted me. Thank you so very much! In a situation right now, in which I have "talked more" than I have prayed.
Ask for your prayers!

Our7isheaven said...

Tina, I will be praying for you and that the Lord will help you in this area.