Thursday, October 8, 2009

With the Holidays forth coming

I have prayed about this and really felt that I should do this. With the holidays just around the corner we all have family and friends whom we'd love to see come to know the Lord. I would like on this post have prayer request for unsaved family. You may list them my name or however you would like.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful to see by the end of 2009 our family and friends saved. The time is short although we don't know when the Lord will return we need to see as many people as possible accept him as Saviour.

Matthew 5:14-16 "Ye are the light of the world. A City that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

This scripture reminded me of the song, "This little light of mine"
This little light of mine
I'm going to let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm going let it shine
Let it shine
Let it shine
Let it shine

Shine all over Martinsburg (your town)
I'm going let it shine
Shine all over Martinsburg
I'm going let it shine let it shine
Let it shine

Let it shine till Jesus comes
I'm going let it shine
Let it shine till Jesus comes
I'm going let it shine, let it shine
Let it shine.

I just love this song and the truth behind it!
I mentioned putting a post with names of those you want to see saved. The Bible says in Act 16:31 "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
Psalm 98:2 "The Lord hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen."
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee; he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
I Thessalonians 5:24 "Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."

One last scripture and for the life of me I can't remember where it's found but it says,
"Where 2 or 3 or gathered together in my name there shall I be also." (I don't I think I quoted exact) But if we join together in prayer for our unsaved loved ones and friends, Great and Mighty things can happen.

I'll start the list:
In-laws unsaved
Uncle David T.
Uncle Hopson G. (cancer not doing well at all)

Call upon the name of the Lord and thou shall be saved!

No comments: