Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I've Been Blessed

How have you blessed this Thanksgiving and Christmas season?
Good Health?
A Job?
A place to live?
Food to eat?
A car to drive?
How about the most important thing of all, Salvation?

Back in May of 1988, at First Baptist Church of Hammond, IN after hearing Dr. Jack Hyles preach a sermon on "Hell". I knew that I needed to settle the fact of my salvation. See when I was about 8 I prayed a prayer with a group of about 50 kids at the church I was attending at the time. As far as I was concerned I was saved, I went to church, I attended Christian school, I didn't do anything really bad. On that Sunday in May though I knew I needed to get assurance of my salvation. From that day till now I've not once doubted my salvation.

Friend, this time of year can be very hard on people. As a matter of fact our family is having a rough spot with a brother in law who is on life support. You know what helps us to get through, we have a God we can go to and pray to. We also have the assurance that he is saved. So yes, though a rough time,  we are at peace that whatever the Lord chooses for his life, He is saved!

My question to you is: Are you 100% sure you are going to heaven? Can you say, I'm blessed? Can you thank the Lord for all he's done for you, Salvation being the most important.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." 
You too can have this everlasting life!

Merry Christmas Friends!
I Have Been Blessed

No comments: