Thursday, September 3, 2015

Protecting Your Spirit

I'm amazed how many things and people try and in some cases do hurt our spirit. I'm not remembering where I heard it but, We are to protect our spirit so we can protect our family. I've not quoted this exact but I believe you get the idea.

II Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Through God we can protect our spirit through power, love and sound mind. He doesn't give us a spirit of fear. As we move forward in a new chapter of our lives, if we weren't careful fear could slip in. Not knowing exactly what the Lord is going to do in our lives. Instead we move on with the Power of the Holy Spirit, the Love of God and keeping our mind sound by staying in his word daily, praying and being faithful to Him.

One of the ways we stay faithful is by attending church and growing through the preaching! The fellowship helps to encourage us, the friendships that become new and or stronger. What more could I ask other than the Lord helping me to protect my spirit as well as my family!

This isn't a long post, however,  we as Christians in a world that is in danger, need to work even harder to protect our family and their spirit as well as our own spirit.

No comments: