Wednesday, October 15, 2014

You Are somebody Special!

As I've observed, watched, listened, and tried to help where I could, I've noticed people don't think highly of themselves. Self esteem is low, people think they are nobody, that they aren't good enough. After several days of thinking about this and watching and listening why is it that we are beginning to think we are nobodies?

Part of it is the world, it has lead us to believe that if we're not a beauty queen, or some famous athlete that we're nobody. Now I don't think I'm the perfect person, but I know I'm somebody that is loved, cared for, appreciated and most importantly that the Lord knows my name and I'm somebody to Him!

I believe that I've shared this passage before, but I believe the Lord would have me share it again. After all, All scripture is inspired of God. We are somebody!

Psalms 139:14   "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

"...I am fearfully and wonderfully made...." what does this mean? It means when the Lord created you in your mothers womb you were made for a purpose, you made without fear and wonderfully made. God created you for a reason so why do we allow people, the world to lead us to believe that we are nobody's?

Friend, I know there are things and people who are out there to hurt us to try and destroy us, but friend if we die to self daily and if we simply depend on the Lord we will make it! I know many people who through their smiles, their way of cheering people up, their way of comforting are SOMEBODY! They, YOU,  have the ability to help.

So it doesn't matter who you are, friend You are Some body!! You are here on earth for a reason and you are meant to be an inspiration to others. Remember Psalms 139:14 "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." 

No comments: