Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Wife after God's Own Heart Lesson 5

Good evening, sorry there was a delay in the next post on this series - If I may add we've had some family matters that took priority over my blog. I missed not being able to post, I'm happy to be back though :)

The topic this evening is one that I believe ever couple can work on and that's communication.
How well do you communicate with your spouse?
Proverbs 25:11 "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."
Do you speak right and communicate clearly with your husband, wife?

We need to be open in our communications with each other. I recently spoke with someone whom and one of the things I mentioned to this person is that I'd rather be talked to  rather than shut out. People handle things differently, but the one thing that should never be done is stopping communication.  See communication is vital to all relationships but especially your marriage. I love the way my husband explained it. It's like a game - I toss you the ball which the opening of a conversation, when you toss the ball back you are answering or responding to the person. I know this may seem like a childish illustration, but many adults don't understand the full concept of communication.

When discussing a matter, remember to use words that are fitly spoken, because then you will have a calm and peaceful conversation with your spouse, friend, sibling, boss or whomever you may be talking with.

"Make it your goal to employ that sweet speech that marks you as a wife after God's own heart."
Read - Prov 19:13; 21:9, 19; and 27:15.

You know God's way of communication is the best way! Here's a few things we can all learn:
1. learn to say nothing - when emotions come into play, Pray don't speak
2. learn to wait - If you or your spouse are tired and the topic of discussion is of great importance, wait till both are rested and clear minded
3. learn to make a list - If there are several things at hand that need to be talked about, write them down in order of importance.
4. learn to make appointments - you say appointments with my spouse?! Yes, we, my husband and I, have weekly dates now for us they can be any day of the week lunch or dinner. Since Bill, is a Pastor we work around that, but we rarely allow ANYTHING to interrupt that "appointment".
5. learn to take the blame - Now this is a hard one! Ladies, as much as we hate to admit it we're NOT always right. If something happens an we are to blame, accept the blame. I'll be the first to admit I have a hard time with that. I know I'm not always right, but I hate to be at fault. So I, as well as others need to learn to take the blame.

So ladies when you talk to your husband be sure to speak words that fit to be spoken. As the children's song goes, Oh be careful little tongue what you say, oh be careful little tongue what you say, for the Father up above is looking down in love, oh be careful little tongue what you say.

The tongue can be very powerful, how are you using it in your communications.

No comments: