Thursday, February 20, 2014

Are you Bold?

While at church last night my husband was Preaching the end of a series that he's been on for 49 weeks. The whole 49 weeks focused on I & II Peter. There is so much knowledge, truth, and wisdom in these 2 books. As he taught I thought about it and how do I represent Christ, not just because I'm the Pastors wife, but as a person, a child of God. Some of today's lesson is from my Preachers sermon, added into what I believe the Lord wanted me to share today.

Last night though was on listening to the world or God. Are you bold enough to say No to the world and follow Christ as Paul did in II Peter 3? Are you going to follow the world in its lies or be Bold and take a stand for Christ?

II Corinthians 11:20 "I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak, How beit whereinsoever any is bold (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also." If you cont to read through to the end of this chapter you will see "I am bold also" several many times. Paul took a stand, he was bold. How can we as Christians be like Paul?

One thing is we can do is not listen to the worlds music. Now I know you can't totally avoid it, as a matter of fact our Wal-Mart here, has started playing vial, wicked music. One of church members asked that as we come to the store that we complain to the manager. She doesn't want to listen to the garbage (she works there and has no choice) but yet they say we don't want to offend anyone. Take a stand as many of us have, and say but you are offending me and my children by playing the nasty music.

Another area we can be bold is dress differently - You say but I'll look weird! Guess what the Bible tells us that we are peculiar people. Deuteronomy 14:2 "For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." So be Bold, be peculiar, be different from the world as Paul was.

I just listed two things but you and I both know there are 100's of ways we can be bold! Be bold through soul winning, through your testimony, through your walk with God. Now don't take what I'm saying and say oh so I can stand here or there and yell, your evil, your going to Hell for this or that if you don't repent. No, be civil with your boldness. Christians are under attack enough without someone going crazy and making it worse. If your church has a time where you go down town and Preach the gospel and sing, wonderful be a part of it, that is part of being bold. Maybe you have a Prison Ministry, or Nursing home ministry, Maybe a bus route. You can be bold in your witness without making a scene.

In II Peter 3 Paul wrote to us, that we need to use wisdom, some won't understand and some will. however we need to go in grace, and be bold. Verse 18 "But grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen."

Go out be a peculiar people, be bold and witness to others but make sure that in your life you are growing in grace and knowledge so that Christ be glorified through it all, not Look at me, see what I did?! No it's to glorify God.

So as you go out and do the things that need to be done from day to day, will you go boldly, will you look peculiar to others, will God be glorified in all you do daily?
 

No comments: