Thursday, January 12, 2017

Children following Gods leading





Children are an heritage from the Lord. They are a blessing that some don't get to experience. Children are on loan to us as parents to raise up and train in the way they should go. Children will keep you on your knees. Children are all in all the GREATEST!!

I have pictures here of my oldest 3, my oldest being with her family. Yes, I'm a Grammy now and I love it!!
Tom and Tabitha have been married 3 yrs and have a beautiful baby girl. This momma couldn't be more pleased and proud of her daughter than I am. I'll not give her story though pretty basic. It is a joy though to see her married to the man God had for her, serving the Lord where he would have them serve and raising their children they way they were raised. I love them dearly!!

My second child, Paul IV, which is pictured with me - I don't get many pictures of him.... He is in Bible college and I'm so very proud of him. He's dating a young lady that's from a very godly home and as mom, I believe to be the young lady God has for him. He does keep me on my toes and on my knees as he does have some health issues. But he doesn't let it slow him and he continues to serve and be where God wants him. I him dearly!!

Then there's Caleb, #3, he is one of a kind and love him for it!! We are so proud of him and he as his oldest 2 siblings is serving God where he would have him and also is dating a young lady from a wonderful godly family. He has a servants heart and wants to be in Gods will in all he does. As my oldest boy and yes my younger 2 boys he keeps me on my toes and on my knees, so does Caleb. Boys are a joy to have and I wouldn't trade my 4 for anything. I'll definitely keep my girl too. I love Caleb dearly!!

As I was saying children are an heritage from the Lord. We didn't make our children chose to do what they're doing. We simply trained them in the way the Lord told us to. Following the Bible, discipline, loving, guiding, loving, being there for them. Did they have all the niceties of life, no but they were happy. We didn't do without but our kids knew what they had was provided by God. They also knew without a doubt that they were and are loved dearly.

The reason I'm focusing mostly on the older 3 here is they were old enough to understand things when we were on deputation. They, and yes the younger 2, saw things and witnessed God leading, God's protection, Gods provision in ways that some children never get to see, they only hear about. Now my youngest 2 Samuel and Jason do have memories of deputation but they are vague. When they are asked about certain things they may or may not remember. Most of what they remember is being on "vacation" all the time. Which is what they called it. However as I have one about to graduate in just 2 weeks and my youngest in his Jr year I am seeing the same qualities of their older siblings, in that they are wanting to serve God, wanting to be in his will as I've seen and still see in my oldest. Don't give up on your children. Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Love your children and make sure you have their heart!


Left to right - Samuel, Caleb, myself, Bill III, Paul IV and Jason.

No comments: