Saturday, July 25, 2015

Prayer Warriors

I Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing."

Do you pray for others? Or Do you pray for what, me, myself an I, want? Well, it's ok to pray for your personal needs, desires and wants but first and foremost I believe we should pray for others first. There's this song I learned in high school and I love it!!

J - is for Jesus he is the way
O - is for others tell (pray) today
Y - is for you my friend why don't you come to him
Joy is the way you feel when you let him in! 

When I went to college I would every now and then put pray today on O. Because I knew more people for one and praying for their needs and rejoicing with them in their answered prayers, somehow made me feel better and think differently. Then when I did pray about my needs it didn't seem quite so important. Even though my school bill needed to be paid, and I had desires and wants when you put others first your own will not seem as big.

So for a challenge - If you don't pray for others why not for the whole month of August, starting today of course (don't put off tomorrow what you can do today) pray without ceasing, for Others, then yourself. :)

Just a thought for the day :)

P.S.

No comments: