Saturday, January 25, 2014

Healthy or Not

I Corinthians 6:19 "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

Do you treat your body like it's the Temple of God? What are you putting into your body that is destroying what really isn't yours?

Recently I decided that being over weight was no longer an option. Now because I've only just begun the journey of weight loss, there's not a whole lot to "prove" yet. However the fact that the Bible tells us that our bodies are not your own, is enough for me to want to take better care of myself. I have a dear friend who's really encouraged me in doing this, just by what she's told me and how much better she feels.

Ladies, you know what there's really no excuse either. I'll be truthful for years I've used the excuse of, "I had 5 children I have a right not to be thin." NOPE that doesn't give the right to not take care of myself.
First off who are my children from? God - he gave me 5 wonderful children and I raised them and taught them to be healthy so shouldn't mom also be healthy.
Secondly God tells me my body is the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Another excuse I hear is "I'm over 40" ok yea maybe that is a good reason BUT not really good enough. Why? YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST.
I've heard my health, I just can't do it..... Come on ladies part of the health issue is what? WEIGHT! and what does God's Word tell us? YOUR BODY IS NOT YOUR OWN.

Men, if there are men reading this - You of course can't use the excuse of having a baby, but I know one that I've heard was, "sympathy growth on my part for my wife" Well.... ok that maybe but still YOUR body is also the Temple of Ghost. I'll not labor the topic so much towards men because most of you don't want to hear that from a woman anyway :) :) especially one who's not your wife.

So in all seriousness, Young people, men and Women if you are overweight do some research, find out what is best for you and LOSE that weight! I actually have 3 different things I'm following because I can't afford to do just one plan so I'm implementing a few different things that each one kind of go together at some point of the plan. I believe with much prayer, determination and work I WILL become healthier.

If you want someone to pray for you as you start the journey post a comment and I will pray for you. If you need some help finding or getting started on what is right for you, I'm willing to do what I can.

So rather than giving the excuses that the Devil WILL provide go ahead step out there and start making your body healthier after all, YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST.

:) :)

2 comments:

Carolyn H. said...

Paula, this is an excellent post about weight loss for the Lord. I am praying for you and appreciate your prayers on my behalf.

Our7isheaven said...

Mom H, thank you and you are welcome. :)