Friday, August 10, 2012

5 Somethings

Good morning from the the foggy, misty town of Windsor, Maine. Yep it's been foggy for a few days and last night there was a beautiful lighting show around 1 in the morning. It woke me up and I just lay there watching it from my bedroom window. Then this morning you guessed it, rain (misty) and foggy :) I love it though because the temps are in the 60's and not 90's LOL

I was going through my devotions this morning and I've been using this one little book titled "Salt in my Kitchen" My own reading happen to fall on one of the same passages that is the book so I read the little story and go to thinking about it..... 5 Somethings....

What are these 5 somethings Well first I'd like to read the passage John 5:19-24
Verse 24 will be our focus point "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation: but is passed from death unto life."

So in this passage we see 5 somethings that we can have
He that heareth -
1. Something - hear
and believeth -
2. Something - believe
hath everlasting life -
3. Something - life
shall not come into condemnation -
4. Something - can avoid condemnation
passed from death unto life -
5. Something - joy of eternal life

In all the times I've read this passage I hadn't noticed these 5 Somethings. We can hear, believe in Jesus, be given life, avoid hell and have joy, in that we have eternal life. That was so exciting to me as I read it that I just wanted to share these 5 Somethings with you.

I hope you have a great and wonderful day...
I know I plan too even though it's foggy and misty rain :)

No comments: