Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"My Faith Looks Up to Thee"

Hebrews 11:1-6
Vr 1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not see."

My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me while I pray;
Take all my guilt away;
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

Pray believing and have Faith that God will answer your prayers. I love watching my children as their prayers are answered! Just recently my daughter, age 19, was praying about a situation. The Lord gave her a job that was wonderful for college, then he took it away. Tabitha was not understanding why this happened. The day she lost the one job, along with 70 some other people, she gets a call from her former job in KY. The Lord took care of her even though it meant she was going back to the college she had attended last yr. He provided her a full time job that will care for her bill and other needs while away from home!! Have Faith in God that he will take care of you!!

May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

When ends life's transient dream,
When death's cold, sullen stream
Shall o'er me roll,
Blest Saviour, then, in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!

You can experience things in life that yes, you may not ever become famous from but allow the Lord to use those experiences in your life to change you! Let your Faith look to God! Don't do in doubt what you would of done in Faith!

Reflection of this song: Ray Palmer's faith was not in himself or some "higher power," but in Christ. Our faith also must be in Him. The Bible says that Christ "was in all points tempted like as we are, yet [He was] without sin" Hebrews 4:15. In every situation that we find ourselves in, remember, Christ has been there too. 

No comments: