Friday, July 23, 2010

Draw Me Nearer

Do we desire to be nearer to Christ? The hymn Draw Me Nearer is one of my favorites!

Vr 1. I am thine, O Lord I have heard thy voice, and it told Thy love to me;
(I think of John 3:16 here: For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. )
But I long to rise in the arms of faith, And be closer drawn to Thee.

Ch: Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord, To the cross where thou has died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord, To thy precious, bleeding side.

Vr 2. Consecrate me now to Thy service (do you serve the Lord?) Lord, by the pow'r of grace devine; Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope, and my will be lost in Thine.
(Are you doing your will or God's will?)

Vr 3. Oh, the pure delight of a single hour that before Thy throne I spend, When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God, I commune as friend with friend!
(Do we talk with God as much as we talk with our friends? Better yet, do you talk with God in prayer as much as you, say, watch TV, spend time on the computer, insert what keeps you from communing with God daily)

Vr 4. There are depths of love that I cannot know Till I cross the narrow sea; There are heights of joy that I may not reach Till I rest in peace with Thee.
(I think of those who have gone on before. They are in Heaven they are resting in peace. Heaven is sounding sweeter every day!)

I hope as you read this that in some way it's a blessing to you. Or maybe helps you to realize maybe something needs to be changed in your life so YOU are Nearer to God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron