Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Do Unto Others as You would have them do to you.

As I reflected back over a few things I got to thinking how we should do to others as we want done to us.

We want to be loved, should we not love.
We want kind words said to us, should we not say kind words to others.
We want (and whatever it is we need to always remember and ask ourselves would I want this done to me?)

Matthew 7:12a "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them...."

If you have a hard time with this go to John 15:5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
We as Christians need to depend on Jesus to help do to others as we would want them to do unto us. I know it's hard at times to do what is right to another, but with Christ I can do ALL things!

Galatians 6:10 "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

Lets see who we can do good today! It maybe a friend, maybe a child, maybe a neighbour, it doesn't matter we need to "DO unto others as we would have them DO unto us!"

This is the day that the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it.
May God bless you and in some small way I pray this little brief devotional is a blessing to someone.

No comments: