Thursday, December 31, 2009

Submissive

Are you Submissive according to God's plan or your own?
This really got me thinking this evening as Preacher spoke on wives submitting themselves to their husband. I don't know about you but I'm pretty independent! I like to do somethings my own way.
I will be the first to admit that being submissive isn't always easy.

I mean come on, when hubby thinks we should spend money this way but I want to get this one thing that really doesn't cost that much and he says no. Am I thinking "wives submit yourself to your husband?" NOPE!
Do I submit? I can say, Yes,
With the right spirit? not always but I do submit to him.

Why do I submit?
First off I'm to submit to him as unto the Lord. Ephesians 5:22 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." If I'm submissive to the Lords will then I will want to and I WILL submit to husbands will!

Secondly he's the head of our home Ephesians 5:23 "For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church...." So in order for my husband to do as he should I must do my part and submit.

Did you realize by not submitting to our husbands or other wise not obeying them it can be blasphemy to God?
In Titus 2:5 we're told, "To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, OBEDIENT to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
Here blasphemed means to be slandered or be littled I don't think any one of us want to do that to our Lord or our husband! If you speak negatively about your husband you are be littling him and this isn't good. We don't go around blaspheming God or at least we shouldn't be so do that to our husbands.

Oh be careful little mouth what you say! Oh be careful little mouth what you say.
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh be careful little mouth what you say!

So as we look over our lives and look into our future. Do we want to be submissive in God's way, obeying what the Bible teaches? Or do want to do it in your own strength and risk having an un-peaceful home, marriage, and even training our children that submissiveness isn't important when it is! This is pretty serious, I barely touched on it the topic.

Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe,
Doing exactly what the Lord commands (submitting to our husbands)
Doing it happily (with a smile not a frown)
Action is the Key to obediently JOY you will receive Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe!

My goal is in 2010 to make sure I'm training my daughter to be a submissive young lady, to obey her future husband and most importantly that I'm submissive to my husband who is the head of our home!

O B E D I E N C E obedience is the VERY best WAY to show that you believe!

May God Bless your relationship with your husband in 2010!!!

No comments: