Thursday, November 19, 2015

There is a season for everything....

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-9

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?


I love the seasons, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring! There are certain things that happen in those seasons for a reason. I mean wouldn't it be kind of weird (which I know it's happened) but if it snowed in July? Or grass started growing in December? Yea, I know depending on where you live maybe those months are that way, but in general everything has a time and season for each phase of life.

As we approach a rough time of year for us, this year I think about what we've gone through and how the Lord has used that to help us learn and grow. Do we still hurt? Do we still wish things were different? Do we want to turn the clock back and do things differently? Yes to all those questions and more BUT the Bible tells us that "To every thing there is season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"

So because God has ordained in our lives a season for hurt, tears and pain it's not for a life time! As I've counseled with my Pastors wife, she's helped me to not only remember that it's not going to be like this forever, but that if I allow it, I can and will learn from it and I will heal. Might I say, I've allowed this to teach me and I've seen healing take place.

So when you are having a rough time or feel the world is caving in on you, Stop! Think! Learn! Grow! and if need be Heal! God has a season and time for each of us to enter and leave parts of our lives.

So, Just like the seasons we enjoy, though hard at times your "seasons" too are for a purpose.

No comments: