Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Grieving Heart

This post is going to be different from most of my blogging..... With Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approaching there are many grieving and hurting hearts because of the passing of a loved one during this time of year. Whether it's been years or just this year that your loved one passed it is still painful. The reason for this post is today as a Pastors wife, my husband received a call that a member of our church had Graduated to Heaven. I then got the call from my husband that I needed to be get ready to leave so we could go to be with his wife.

While waiting for my husband to come and get me I started looking for scripture that would be a blessing and a comfort to Mrs Bonnie. Although I don't have all those verse right here there are some that I wanted to share with you. Pretty much the rest of this post will be scripture without much from me personally. I just want to say, God is good and He love you more than you'll ever know. As a Pastors wife I'm learning a lot about God's love and how he can use me, and not only me but YOU.

Psalms 23:4 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou are with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Psalms 46:1-3 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea:
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof."

Psalms 18:2 "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."

Psalms 27:14 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Colossians 3:15 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful."

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

 

No comments: