Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Organization

Are you organized?

1 Corinthians 14:40  "Let all things be done decently and in order."

Decently - in a decent manner;
Order -  the arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method

When I think of being organized I think of things being done decently and in order. Am I good at organizing? On some things yes, on others no.

We're going to look at organization first in our Christian life. Now if you arent' saved you may not understand why as a Christian we should be organized. If we have our life and the things we do, in an organized fashion then we are more likely to follow the Bible in having things done decently and in order. Some may call this prioritizing which is a good thing also. But today we're going to use the word Organization.
If you are organized when you get up the morning you'll make sure things are done right.
For example: 1. Have your devotions (now this one people vary on and I understand that) however I believe in order for your day to run properly you need to have your devotions first thing off.
2. Clean your room which should only be making your bed and putting away a few things. (I will admit I don't do well at this one)
3. for us (feed the animals then we eat) Just as the Bible teaches you should work before eating. We use this with the farm animals, they can't get the food themselves so we feed them, then we feed ourselves.
4. school etc. everyone has a different thing they need to do after the basics of getting ready for the day is done. Some go to work others off to school, some home school so many different things.

As you see if you have an order in how you do these things you will have a better day because it's Organized!

Now on to Organization of things, your home etc.

I recently asked a very dear friend, who is also a Pastors wife, about this topic. I asked her a few direct questions and I will be sharing some of that with you. She and I both have large families, not as large as the Duggar family LOL but good size :) So here's some of what she said in relation to my questions:
She LOVES the topic of Organization!

My first questions for her was, "Which room do you make sure is Organized and neat first?"

1. For the first several years of my marriage I lived by and taught that the first room I would organize.....and the first that I straightened each day......was the room that you enter when you first walk into my home. So currently for me, that would be my kitchen. My thinking on that was.......this is where guests enter my home and I want to be company-ready at all times.
At some point I heard a lady speak and she talked about that for a married woman, the most important room in our home is our bedroom. I got to thinking about that and realized that is true for many reasons. One reason that really convicted me was that it is my husbands room! He works so we can have a home......I am privileged to be married to him......and I am more worried about what company thinks about my house keeping skills than what my husband thinks! Soooooo.......I now always start with the bedroom! If I am organizing, spring cleaning or doing my daily house cleaning routine I start with my bedroom first. It is no longer the room where piles accumulate for me to get to later! (I used to put things there so the rest of the house looked good.)

I love what she said about the married ladies bedroom! He needs to have the comfort of that room being right.

My second question was, About the scripture to use.

2. That is the verse I use. But I also use lots of illustrations that show Gods very orderly.

Days of Creation......he created everything in order so everything could survive.
He gave us order in our time and seasons.

Our lives have natural order to them.....we are young, we are teens, we are young adults, we are parents, we are grandparents, etc. Can you imagine if that was out of order? LOL!

Our bodies are organized! We would not work so well if our nose was on the bottom of our feet and we had a knee on top of our head!

These thoughts that she gave on "decently and in order" were/are perfect! Can imagine your nose being on top of your head? or a foot where your hand is? We are made decently and in order!

I used these answers here because I believe the Lord had me ask my dear friend for a reason about this. As I will share this others I wanted to share it with you.

Lastly something that was added and I've decided that this week will go into action is:

My all time favorite organizing tip that I teach my ladies.....cannot remember where I first learned it....is that of allotted space.
Everything in my house has allotted space......if something out grows the space I have allotted for it then I need to organize and clean out that item. For example......the bottom of my bedroom closet holds my shoes. If I get so many shoes that I can no longer neatly contain them, it is time to lean out my shoes since they have outgrown their allotted space.
I do also teach that every family should have a FEW ...very few though.....exceptions. My daughter collects books, so when she outgrows her space we buy another bookshelf. But I do that for few planned areas.......not every area.

Friends I will be the first to admit, cram it in, if it stays GREAT if it falls find a place for the over flow! Not any more! Now the shoe one I'll have to really, really work on :) BUT I know that if I wasn't wanting to learn more I wouldn't have asked my friend whom I know is VERY Organized!

Today as you have read through this, I pray that it will help in your Spiritual life and in your daily life. I'm going to put many things into play and I hope you will also.
 

No comments: